I thoroughly enjoy having a tree in the apartment; somehow I feel more prepared for the upcoming holidays. Only slightly.
We got it the weekend before Thanksgiving, when the three toothed man selling them was announcing the Thanksgiving Trees for sale.
Note the traditional family tin-foil on toilet paper tube Christmas star, atop the tree. Christmas is in 4 weeks.
Over the weekend I saw the Virginia Consort sing. At the end, after they sang Handel's Hallelujah! from the Messiah, we sang Hark the Herald Angels Sing together.
3 comments:
Beautiful tree! We just got ours last night!
Well, it started with the shower curtain.... and now the tree skirt! It's not the exact same pattern, but it's pretty stinkin close. I'll have to take a picture and send it to you when we finally finish decorating the tree. Last night we ended up watching "White Christmas," starring Bing Crosby. I couldn't pass it up when I saw it in our mailbox :-D Anyway, I hope you had a lovely evening and can't wait to see you in a week or so!!! By the way, when are you planning to drive up? Have you heard from Tom?
It's not actually my tree skirt, though I quite like it :-)
Your love of Christmas and old movies cracks me up - have you caught any clay-mation movies, yet?
I'll be at Mom's when you fly in. Talked to Tom a week or 2 ago, and I'm not sure what his plans are (nor is he!).
You're in trouble for spilling the beans to Mom!!!! :-P
Post a Comment