Monday, November 5, 2007

Pedestrians

When I left work today, I took a different route through the maze of one-way streets downtown. I like to find quicker routes and places where I can avoid sitting in traffic or having to wait for pedestrians walking to the parking garage.

When my light finally turned green to turn, I went, and noticed a woman in the crosswalk. Then I realized I recognized her from last week when she was J-walking and I had to slam on my brakes to avoid hitting her. It made me laugh out loud. Good thing she used the cross walk today.

I wonder if she recognized me, too.

2 comments:

Amy said...

HA! That's ironic.

I thought you had a relatively short commute, right? Do you sit in traffic much?

With my new hours at work I hardly have ANY traffic at all! It's so nice. However, I generally avoid the freeway on the way home since that's usually bad any time after 2:45 pm... (cough) RIDICULOUS (cough)...

Lisa said...

Depending on lights, I can make it to work in under 10 minutes. Back home can be up to 30 mins with waiting at lights or for backed up traffic around 5. There are times when it's better and times when it's worse.

No familiar pedestrians, today.