Monday, February 18, 2008

A Day Off

Today is Presidents' Day and I get the day off. It's excellent because I have needed a day off. I slept in, took the long walk around the lake, and ran some errands. It feels like spring. Only without the honeysuckle.

Last week a friend took me to see the UVA men's basketball game (playing UNC) with her free tickets. The game was amazing; even though UVA lost (I've got to root for the home team!). The final score was 75 to 74. I forgot how much I enjoy basketball, since it's been quite a while since I was on a team. I have found my place: I am much better at cheering in the stands than playing on the court. Woo-hoo college sports! Who'da-thunk?

I was going to buy new glasses today, but had to settle on updating my lenses in the current frames. Maybe I should ask for new glasses for my birthday. There were a lot of fun frames to choose from, starting at $95 (withOUT lenses). There's always next year. Or Lasik. Or not.

I'm off to relish the last few hours of sun for the day!

1 comment: