Friday, January 25, 2008

Horoscopes

This morning my horoscope informed me, "today marks the beginning of a very independent period for you -- enjoy solo time."

Yes, sometimes I buy into this stuff and this is one of those instances. Lately my brain feels so saturated with new information and discoveries that it just wants to lay low. New information with work and discoveries with my life and all the time I've spent in therapy. The work stuff is interesting, but not on a Friday night.

Today I had session #28 of 30 therapy sessions. I'm doing really great; I'm sorting out things I need to sort out. I get frustrated about being "in process" at times. Trick is, getting frustrated only leads to missing out on the journey which is actually the sweetest part of it all. It feels sad to transition out of being in therapy, yet at the same time I don't rely on it like I have in the past. I think that's the point. So tonight, it's not ironic that all I want to do is put on my comfy pants and relax.

I'm wondering though, about the other part of my horoscope that said, "Your love life is getting a boost today, even if you think it's perfect just the way it is. Your own romantic impulses are quite strong and you should find them reflected by the right person."

If my love life can get a boost whilst I sit at home in my comfy pants relaxing - I must be doing something right. Maybe it's more about my own emotional health. Maybe it's just that a horoscope can be interpreted in a lot of ways depending on who's reading it.

Either way, my love life wouldn't mind a little boost.

1 comment:

Happy said...

Umm . . . so about your pants. They're with your mom in Great Barrington. Sorry that it's taken me more than a month to tell you that.